Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas in Lots of Pictures and a Few Words

This year's Christmas I felt blessed through family, friends and gifts.  I got to spend Christmas Day with my three favorite families.  I started the day with coffee, some quiet time in God's Word reading the Christmas story and watching Little House on the Prairie: Christmas at Plum Creek (this is a classic and a must for me every year!).  Then I headed to church to celebrate my Savior's birth.  Can Christmas and church on the same day get any better?  I enjoyed sharing the festivities with this family that is so important to me.  Next I headed to my parents house and spent lunch and the afternoon celebrating with them, my brother and his family and my grandma.  I ended the day with my other "family" the Franks.  We ate deep dish pizza (yum!), opened gifts and watched Home Alone, KEVIN!

Now time for the pictures to tell the rest of the story.

 Notice the angel?  I made it in the sixth grade!
More crafts with Auntie!

 Grandma opening her gift of chocolates (and forgetting that she likes them)
Grandma after she threw the chocolates aside and rolled her eyes.
"What did you buy that for?" Gma
"You like chocolates." Mom
"I do NOT." Gma
I love my Grandma and I was laughing the entire time.  
Never a dull moment when those with dementia are around.

 Sawyer likes his books!
Harper was really excited about her present!

After my parents, I went over to the Franks to celebrate Christmas with them.
 Ella getting clothes for her new doll, Rahel. 
By the way, these are cool dolls and part of the proceeds go to World Vision.
The way to a teenage boy's heart?  Tapatio Doritos! (and a BSU beanie)
 Vani jumped up when she realized what she got and was sooo excited!
This girl loves sea animals and marine lamp is the perfect gift.
Our traditional Christmas picture in front of the tree. 

Well, that is my Christmas in a nutshell.  I am only a week and a half late in posting about it.  It was a wonderful day from start to finish!

2 comments:

Wyodaho Cardons said...

What an awesome day! Your tree looks so pretty-- I love the angel ;) We got the "safari" version of that lamp for Andrea's "new baby" present.

Wyodaho Cardons said...

Oh, btw, LOVE Gma's facial expressions that you captured!

Post a Comment