Wednesday, September 5, 2012

When a Family Moves In

This blog has been awfully quiet since the middle of August.  That's because since then, school has started (it has drained me every day) and a family of 5 moved in.  That's right, I said a family of 5.  That brings a total of 6 people living in my house.  The Franks put their house on the market and received an offer sooner than expected AND during a water leak issue.  Needless to say, things moved differently than planned and during the first week of school we spent time moving them out of their house and into mine.

I LOVE MY ROOMMATES!  Since discussing the possibility of them needing to live at my house for awhile, I was excited about it. (Crazy, I know.)  The Franks are here for who knows how long and it's going well.  So what does it look like when 5 people move in at once?  Take a look.





As a joke, I provided Dan with a room rental agreement.  It outlined the expectations of him providing construction around the house, Reb making taco meals and Josiah doing all the lawn care.  It went over well and so far I have had tacos, my lawn has been mowed and they bought me flowers!

In this process, I have handled the change very well, something that I don't normally do.  However, I discovered a pet peeve I didn't know I had.  The dishrag must be rinsed out after use and hung over the faucet.  If you don't do this, the rag will smell like mildew.  The Franks have kindly smiled and placed the rag where I like it.  Who knew that is what would bug me most?!

I am sure I will post more on what life is like in this living situation.  Wait until Rebekah's parents come and we have 8 people staying in the house!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

That is not as much stuff as I was expecting to have taken over your house so that is impressive. I do think you need a few more houseplants, though. Interesting about the dishrag ;) and good thing that they are paying "rent" in manual labor!

Benjy, Susie, Savannah, Riley said...

ooooo, I can't wait to hear more stories about this little living arrangement!

Post a Comment