Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Bittersweet Ending

Tonight at midnight I get to watch the final installment of the Harry Potter movies.  My two good friends, Anna and Kaycee, and I have been going to the midnight openings since movie 4.  They have been doing it since the beginning.  I was late to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon but I now know and love the series through and through.  On opening nights we always go to dinner, coffee and then grab our seats and wait until the movie starts.  This has always been the tradition.  With this being the last hoorah to our late nights with Harry, we decided to start a day early and name it Harry Gras.  Or Potter Palooza.  Choose which one you think is best, we like both.  We spent Wednesday hanging out, talking, eating and watching our favorite moments from the first 6 movies.  After dinner and some fro-yo (that's right, I like it and use it) we put in Harry Potter 7.1 and watched the entire thing to be ready for tonight.  Today is spent relaxing and napping in order to be ready for the big event.

 A handmade Gryffindor scarf to add as decoration

I have never been apart of a book or movie series where I have waited at midnight to read or watch the latest installment.  I have enjoyed being crazed over this series. 

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Well you know we are over the moon excited about this movie! I'm super excited that Garrett got through all the books in time and gets to see it too! We have a countdown going on the pantry door! We're going to see it in IMAX 3D on Saturday afternoon so we plan to watch 7.1 again on Friday night. It's going to be so good! I'll probably cry! I can't wait to hear your review tomorrow!

Post a Comment