Tuesday, August 9, 2011

California Dreamin' - Part 3

When I think of my trip to California, I would have to say that the first 3 or 4 days were super, crazy busy with lots of driving and lots sightseeing.  The second half of the trip was a much slower pace.  Tuesday was our last day with Amber and Andrew so we spent it walking around Venice Beach, enjoying the sun at a beach near their apartment and eating lunch at the amazing Mexican place LBJ's.  While staying with Amber and Andrew, Jennifer also had the alternator on her car replaced.  It was making an awful rattling sound.  I am glad we figured it out then rather than breaking down in the Middle of Nowhere, Nevada.



While driving around all of Southern California, I kept noticing these pretty purple flowers.





For the last 2 nights of our trip we stayed with Jennifer's dad.  While there, we visited Lake Arrowhead and Thousand Pines Camp.

 Nothing like seeing good Idaho friends in the middle of Cali!
Emily and Kerstyn are working and playing hard at Thousand Pines Camp.

 Beautiful Lake Arrowhead


Our last day was Thursday, and that was spent driving home to Idaho.  Have you ever noticed that the first day of driving is fun and exciting, and the last day is sooo long and you just want to get home?  Maybe it's because the McDonalds in Winnemucca is the best thing to look forward to.  Visiting California was a fun trip and I am glad Jennifer and I were able to do it together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment