Friday, August 12, 2011

A Little House Dream

 
Last month when I was visiting California, Jennifer and I were in the Simi Valley area.  When Jennifer said Simi Valley, I immediately got excited.  For those of you who don't know and are obviously living under a rock, I LOVE Little House on the Prairie (LHOTP for short) and LHOTP was filmed in Simi Valley!  A few years ago, Simi Valley had a huge fire and destroyed the remaining set from the show.  However, I was content to stroll around what would have been the dirt streets of Walnut Grove and run down a hillside.

 This is exactly what I had in mind

We were able to find a map of the Big Sky Ranch area where it was filmed and started off to find it.  While driving I was becoming more excited by the minute and also more anxious.  It was getting dark and I was worried that my moment of fame and running down a hillside would be unable to be photographed.  We followed a twisting road only to meet a dead end with a locked gate.  I was so disappointed!  I was grateful that Jennifer was so willing to try and make this nerdy, little dream come true.


I have watched Little House for as long as I can remember and somewhere in junior high and high school the obsession took full force.  I recorded and collected episodes on VCR tapes until they started coming out with the seasons on DVDs!  I would buy the set the minute they were released!  I can name every episode and season it is in.  I only need to watch about 5-20 seconds of it.  You are probably wondering how I can put that skill to good use?  I'm thinking a Trivial Pursuit game of Little House and I would beat the pants off of all of you!  If anyone would play with me...

I have been excited to do a post on LHOTP for awhile and this was the perfect opportunity.  I would also like one of these some day:  A 1976 lunchbox with Thermos included!



0 comments:

Post a Comment